Your comments and questions on any of our products are always welcome.
Please use the e-mail link below.
If a rider forgets to disconnect the coiled wire and dismantle a motorcycle, will the airbag be activated?
A tensile force of about 30kg is needed to release the key ball to activate the airbag. Normally, the dismounting rider feels a strong tug to know that he/she has to disconnect the coiled wire before the airbag is activated. In fact, a small motorcycle or a scooter may topple over, if the rider forgets to disconnect the coiled wire before dismounting. Always disconnect the coiled wire before dismounting.
Once an airbag is activated and inflates, can it be reused?
Yes, it can be reused if it has not been damaged. Replace the gas cartridge using the setting bolt and the hexagon wrench supplied with the Hit-air. If there is a damage to the airbag, ask an authorized dealer for a maintenance check.
CO2 gas cartridge?
The size (capacity) of the cartridge varies from model to model. Make sure that the size(capacity) shown on the seal attached to the CO2 cartridge and that shown at the back of the key box cover are the same. (Some model has no size label attached)
If the right size for the model is not clear, seeReplacement gas cartridge list
Can I wash my jacket as it is?
- Do not wash or launder the aurbag system (Shock-buffering Protection System).
All-in-one airbag/harness type should not be washed/laundered.
- Airbag system should not be dipped in the water.
- Take the airbag system and protectors (shoulder, elbow, back etc.) out from the vest/jacket and wash or launder the vest/jacket only in accordance with the washing instructions.
See ? How to dismantle the airbag system
How to remove stains.
- Wipe the surface of the Hit-Air system (neck, hip cushions etc.) with a damp cloth to remove stains.
- Hang it up together with a CO2 cartridge, spray water on its surface with a shower except on the key box which should not get wet.
Can I wear a back pack or something similar on the hit-air?
We don't recommend to wear a backpack on the hit-air.
A light backpack can be worn over the hit-air by loosening its shoulder straps, but it can prevent the airbag from inflating smoothly and properly.
Is the airbag still effective if it received damage by friction on the road during the accident?
The airbag starts inflating once the key ball is pulled out from the key box and it cushions the impact if it is not inflated fully at the timing of the first impact. Even if the airbag is damaged by friction, the airbag cushioned the impact until it gets damaged.
What is the weight of each model?
L(JP) size fully equipped with a gas cartridge, linings and padding
|Spring/summer jacket & half-length coat type||About 2.0 - 2.4kg|
|Vest||About 1.4 - 1.5kg|
|Jacket with a small/light gas cartridge||About 1.4 - 1.8kg|
|Autumn/winter jacket & half-length coat type (with a removable lining)||About 2.5 - 2.9kg|
|All-in-one airbag harness type||About 0.8 - 1.2kg|
How Mugen Denko have developed the Hit-air?
1995 Began research and development work of an airbag system for motorcyclists. History 1998 After a process of trial and error, completed and announce the worldçfs first airbag jacket for motorcyclists.
1999 Launched our airbag jacket in Europe where the safety standard is quite high. Supplied world famous SPIDI of Italy, IXS of Switzerland and LOUIS of Germany with our airbag system and gained a reputation of high reliability. Awarded Gold and Silver Medals at the World Exhibition of Inventions in Belgium. A Gold Medal in the Safety Protection Life-Saving Division and a Silver Medal overall.
- Awarded Gold Trophy at the "Salon du Cheval" in Paris.
- Launched the Hit-air jacket.
- Supplied the Police Headquarters in Japan with the airbag vests for the motorcycle police. Obtained the CE Marking approval by the EU for our airbag vest of MC Model. Launched the airbag vest for horse riding.
- Supplied the Spanish Police with the airbag vests.
- Awarded the highest prize at the JPMS Motorcycle Show in France. Launched the buckle type one-touch connector of increased strength and reliability, jointly developed by YKK and Mugen Denko.
- Signed OEM deals with top-brand apparel manufacturers for the supply of airbag jackets and vests. Supplied the Imperial Guard Headquarters with airbag vests for horse riding. Launched smaller and lighter key box (Y-type), jointly developed by YKK and Mugen Denko.
- Authorized by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry to make a plan to develop the new business field on the basis of multisectoral collaboration.
- Verification Test on Airbag Jacket Performance and Effectiveness by Japan Automobile Research Institute, Inc. (JARI). Various test results have proved that the shock was absorbed by the Hit-Air.
- Supplied the Brazilian fire station with the airbag jacket.
Extretcher (Airbag stretcher) is invented and launched.
- Supplied the Dubai Police with the MX-5 airbag jacket.
Supplied the Spanish Police with the MLV-Y(all-in-on airbag harness).
China police (Airbag system supply)
- Airbag Jacket Evaluation Test by Japan Automobile Research Institute, Inc. (JARI). Various test results, the rider will be able to reduce the severity of neck injury to less than serious injury by wearing an airbag jacket.
Supplied the Kuwait Police with the MX-5 airbag jacket.
French gendarmerie (Airbag system supply)
- Supplied the Japan Police with the MLV-C model (PM-001).
Supplied the Fire department of Japan coastal areas with the airbag protector vest.
- Supplied the Ireland Police with the MLV-P.
Supplied the Australia Police with the airbag vest.
*Start the development of a new air bag "Air Hoof".
- Supplied the Turkish Police with the MLV-P / airbag system.
Supplied the Spain Madrid Police with the MLV-P.
- MLV-YC vests are supplied to Korean Motorcycle Police.
- MLV-P vests are supplied to Bahrain Motorcycle Police.
MLV-P, SV2 and LV vests are supplied to Swedish Mounted Police.
- Airbag vests equipped with sensors are jointly developed with NEXCO CENTRAL (Central Nippon Expressway Company Limited) and supplied to the NEXCO CENTRAL.
Extretcher-S (Airbag stretcher with sliding board) is invented and launched.
Hit-air vests and jackets are supplied to police departments in many countries because of its safety and reliability. Hit-air is sold in more than 30 countries.