How to fix Coiled Wire
Use the “one-touch release” for easy connection or disconnection of the “coiled wire” attached to the motorcycle and the “key ball” inserted in the “key box”.
*See How to fix Coiled Wire in detail.
We recommend to take the Hit-Air once activated to an authorized dealer for a maintenance check and re-assembling.
It can be reused if it is re-assembled in accordance with the following procedure, but unless it is done properly, it may not work. It cannot be re-assembled if it is damaged by the previous activation.
*See Re-assembling airbag in detail.
How to dismantle the airbag system
The outer jacket or vest only can be washed after the airbag system is removed.
(The airbag system should not be washed)
As the airbag system is simply fastened to the jacket by means of buttons, fasteners and/or Velcro, it can be removed easily by unfastening them.
*See How to dismantle the airbag system in detail.
Attention after activation
Pay attention when the jacket with the Hit-Air is inflated as follows.
- The jacket with Hit-Air is designed to provide protection especially to the wearer’s neck, so when it is inflated, there will be some pressure around the neck, and if it is difficult release the strap of helmet, take the Hit-Air off immediately.
- Watching around the situation calmly, unzip and release the buckle to take off the jacket.
- If the scene of accident seems to be dangerous, go to the safe area before taking off the jacket.
- When the Hit-Air is inflated, a feeling of tightness may be felt, but the gas will leak out gradually.
- Therefore, calm yourself even if the body with the inflated jacket is pressed down by something.
- If the air cushion is punctured when fully inflated, the gas in all the cushions will immediately escape and the cushions deflate.
- If the Hit-Air inflates accidentally for some reason while riding, do not upset. Look for a safe place and take an appropriate action. To continue to ride with the inflated Hit-Air may be dangerous due tothe increasing wind resistance etc. Remove it first.
- If there is an external damage to the Hit-Air due to its activation, take it to an authorized dealer for a maintenance check and to replace the gas cartridge. In cases of extreme damages externally or internally, it may not be repairable.
- Be aware of the points listed below when attempting to re-assemble the Hit-Air by yourself after it is activated.
Wipe with a wet towel.
Hang it up together with a CO2 cartridge, spray water on its surface with a shower except on the key box which should not get wet.
How to Store
For longer life and safety, avoid the following conditions:
- High temperature. (Under the direct sunlight, in the closed automobile, near the heater or open flames, etc.)
- Exposure to rain or extreme moisture, including steam and high humidity
- Storing items on top of the Hit-Air System / Jacket
- Leaving jacket within the reach of children, pets or other animals.
- Folded or rolled up (Hang up on a coat hanger is preferable)
- Do not wash or launder the Hit Air (Shock-buffering Protection System).
- Take the Hit-Air system and protectors (shoulder, elbow, back etc.) out from the vest/jacket and wash or launder the vest/jacket only in accordance with the washing instructions.
- Wipe the surface of the Hit-Air system (neck, hip cushions etc.) with a damp cloth to remove stains.
- How to remove stains.
- Wipe with a wet towel.
- Hang it up together with a CO2 cartridge, spray water on its surface with a shower except on the key box which should not get wet.
If a problem listed below is found on the jacket with the Hit-Air, consult with an authorized dealer to change or repair/replace.
- The jacket (cloth) or inner fabric (cloth) or inner fabric (cloth, mesh) becomes frayed or is torn and inner tubing (white polyurethane film) is exposed.
- A crack or rust is found on the “key box” or on the gas cartridge.
- The “coiled wire” or the “wire loop” gets scraped and frays.
- Considerable change of color or deterioration of material.