For your safety, peace of mind and correct use of your airbag jacket.
The correct set up to ensure maximum effectiveness in emergency is as follows.For your safety, peace of mind and
correct use of your airbag jacket.
SHOCK BUFFERING SYSTEM
The jacket with the Hit-Air (Shock–buffering Protection System) is to be worn as outerwear when
It will be activated/inflated immediately after a distance from the rider to the horse exceeds the“activation distance” when the rider falls off or is thrown off the horse. It will be activated at the moment the key ball is pulled out from the key box. This causes the gas cartridge to release the CO2 gas into the air cushions to inflate them immediately.
Inflated air cushions are designed to come between the rider’s body and objects against which the rider may strike after falling off or being thrown off the horse. The Hit-Air will act as a buffer to absorb the shock of impact and reduce the risk of injury the rider who wears it.
However, this does not imply or guarantee rider’s safety.
- If the “coiled wire” running from the “key box” to the saddle holder touches an +obstaclesuch as the rider’s body, any part of the saddle, a whip or any other projecting object, there is a possibility of accidental activation within the “activation distance” by a force strong enough to pull the “key ball” out of the “key box”.
- If the rider crashes or falls down together with the horse, unless the “activation distance” isexceeded, the Hit-Air will not be activated. The Hit-Air will not protect areas where the inflated air cushion does not cover.
- If the rider wearing the Hit-Air forgets to disconnect the “one-touch release” and goes away from the horse farther than the “activation distance”, a force of approximately 30kg-35kg may activate and inflate the Hit-Air. Connect or disconnect the “one-touch release” while you are on the horse.
- Keep open flames and cigarettes away from the jacket with the Hit-Air as holes or tears caused by them will prevent its function.Keep and use at temperatures below 40°C/104°F as the gas cartridge may burst at a high temperature.
- Once a gas cartridge is used, it cannot be used again. Buy a new one from an authorized dealer.
- The jacket with the Hit-Air is to be used for the rider’s safety when riding a horse and not for any other purpose.
- Remove sharp on pointed objects such as pins or pens from the jacket with the Hit-Air or from the underwear before wearing. They may damage the air cushion before or at the time of the activation and prevent the function of the Hit-Air.
- To avoid any damage to the airbag, do not prick a needle or sew emblems or iron on the jacket with the Hit-Air. Consult with an authorize dealer where to sew an emblem.
- Don’t wash a Hit-Air inner system. Remove it from the vest or jacket and wash the vest or jacket only.
Be sure to read this page before using and after re-assembling the Hit-Air.
For your safety, peace of mind and correct use of your airbag jacket,
make sure that items ❶ - ❻ are confirmed before use as follows:
●Unless the Hit-Air is set correctly, it may not work or may cause a malfunction.
●Once a CO2 cartridge is activated, it cannot be used again. Remove it from the key box without fail.
●Use a Hit-Air CO2 cartridge only. Do not use any other one.
❶A CO2 cartridge of the right size (capacity) for the model is installed.
The size (capacity) of the cartridge varies from model to model.
Make sure that the size(capacity) shown on the seal attached to the CO2 cartridge and that shown at the back of the key box cover are the same. (Some model has no size label attached)
If sizes shown as above are not the same, it may cause a malfunction.*A description of the size label varies from model to model.
A description of the size label varies from model to model.
❷Sealed properly (No damage to the seal)
No seal is attached in case re-assembling is done by yourself.
Unused CO2 cartridge and the key box are properly sealed at the time of shipment.(*The key ball is set)
*In some countries or regions, the hit-air is sold without the security-check-sticker on it. If this is the case, please make sure that an unused CO2 cartridge of the correct size is properly installed to the key box.
- The right size (capacity)cartridge for the model is installed.
- A CO2 cartridge is tightly screwed into the key box.
- An used/empty cartridge should not be installed.
Re-assembling after the activation must be done in accordance with “Re-assembling Key Box”.
The key ball must be set only after the used/empty cartridge is removed from the key box.
If the CO2 cartridge and the key box are not sealed or if the seal attached is torn at the time of the purchase of a new product, remove the cartridge and make sure that there is no hole at its bottom (at the screw end)
●If there is no hole - it is an unused cartridge to be installed in the key box for use.
If a CO2 cartridge is screwed into the key box loosely, it may cause a malfunction.
A CO2 cartridge with no hole at its bottom is usable.
If there is a hole at its bottom, it is an used/empty one and not usable. Replace it with a new one.
・A CO2 cartridge with a hole at its bottom is unusable.
※An unused cartridge is to be installed in accordance with “Re-assembling Key Box”.
The red slide cover is lifted to the “unlocked”(up) position.(Only B-type)
Make sure that the red slide cover is not in the “locked(down)”position andthe key ball is not set as yet. The red slide cover is a tool to confirm that the key ball is set properly during the course of re-assembling. It should always be in the “unlocked(up)” position except during the course of re-assembling.
The activation while the red slide cover is in the “locked(down)” position, may cause damage or a malfunction to the Hit-Air.
❹Is there any deterioration of the wire loop or the coiled wire?
If there are signs of wear and tear, replace it with a new one.
We recommend you to replace it in every one or two years.
❺A screw hole at the bottom of the key box is visible.
(The setting bolt is removed)
Make sure that the setting bolt has been removed from thekey box.The setting bolt is a tool to be used for setting the key ball into the hole of the key box for re-assembling.
The activation while the red slide cover is in the “locked(down)”
position, may cause damage or a malfunction to the Hit-Air.
❻A Coiled Wire is set properly.
Tie a knot tightly to fix a coiled wire to the saddle, A knot works as the stopper to prevent the wire coming off when the Hit-Air is activated.
Without a knot, the wire may come off the Hit-Air at its activation and the airbag will not inflate.
If cracks, peelings, burns or wear is found or the Kevlar cord’s inner core becomes visible, replace it immediately.